Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 4

Giving thanks for...

The school day. I love how it makes me rise and shine bright and early to jump start my day into an actual routine. Otherwise, I would definitely stay in bed longer.

Exercise equipment I have at home so I don't have to leave to go to the gym.

Helpful children.

Wonderful women that are in my neighborhood. I admire them and value their friendship and have so much gratitude for all of the help they give me so often.

My washing machine and dryer. Washing clothing by hand or having to go to the laundromat would really suck.

6 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

This is such a great idea. I should start but I don't want to be too big of a copy cat. Maybe I will do it for the 12 days of Christmas since Thanksgiving is so close. It is such a good routine. Sometimes I forget how lucky I really am and this exercise would help me remember how lucky I have it!

jennycooks said...

go ahead, copy! I started because my friend Kathy challenged everyone who read her blog. I hope you are doing good laurie. Miss ya!

apyknowzitall said...

What your exercise equipment isn't doubling as an expensive coat rack covered in dust?

Lefty said...

I love that you've done this. I was going to do something like this for the month but apparently I'm not very grateful...
Laundry! I do my laundry in a shared room in my building. But: two washers and two dryers. Someday that is what I want. Wouldn't that be dreamy? And even if I had two washers and two dryers, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing laundry all the time anyway!
Love you girl.
Kimberlee

jennycooks said...

april, amazingly I actually use it. The oversized belly is a constant reminder, even though it is growing a life, but the clincher is thighs that cause friction and my ever widening butt. I feel a little better for making some 'effort' to better the cause. By the way, Evie's pic is so cute - I hope you guys win.

jennycooks said...

Kim - I have a feeling we will be back to the days of using the building laundry soon, especially if we become students again - I am trying to relish in the fact that they are so close and available - and yes, two of each would be absolutely dreamy. That is definitely not too strong a word.