Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Addicted to LOST



So, I have always wanted to watch LOST. But, you can't really just jump in on those episodes, I mean, what the heck is happening? So Chris and I borrowed seasons 1 and 2 from a friend, and started watching them when we had a 1 week old baby.


Big mistake.


Just how stupid are we?


They are seriously addicting. All we have done every night for the past month is eat, drink, and breathe Lost. We have watched 3 seasons in 4 weeks, and the first 6 episodes of season 4. Now Chris is in Wyoming working for the week and we are DYING a little inside every day. However, the sleep I am finally getting is kinda nice. I mean, how stupid are we? As if we aren't up all night with a new baby, a 2 year old who won't go to bed for 3 hours every night, then likes to try and sneak into our bed 80 bazillion times a night, and a bed wetter to boot; You think we would be smart enough to ya know, go to sleep at night. But we're not. That dang bowl of M&M's and our boob-tube have been beckoning. Like I need M&M's and Television sucking up my time, adding more cushion to my jelly belly. Good news is, since I have had two nights off from Lost, I finally started working out and getting to bed by 10:30 at night. AND Brayden, bless his little heart, has slept through the last two nights. Now if I could just step away from the M&M's...

I can't believe all you dummy's who have been watching this for the past 5 years. I would have poked my dang eyes out! I can't believe what they are doing to the viewers! I mean what the crap were they thinking ending season one with that dang hatch opening, and not letting you see what was inside?!!! And leaving you hanging with tidbits of information and not getting back to those important bits of info until like 3, 4 or 5 episodes later?! I think I would have died waiting for just what the heck is actually going on by now. When we finally get caught up, I don't know what I am going to do. How will I wait and entire week between episodes? And now that we have gotten rid of the love of my life (my DVR and Dish network) what's a girl to do? Life as I know it will have to stop again to watch a dang TV show. *sigh*

I think I need to get my priorities straight.
And don't even get me started on "The Bachelor"...

7 comments:

Katie said...

I always wondered about that show. Donnie isn't into it so I don't really get into it. I'll have to wait until its over this season and then do what you did.

Charlotte said...

I got sucked in for a few seasons then it got so weird that I swore it off. Now I've been sucked back in. It was the pop up episodes that did it. They actually look like they're telling you something. It's so funny if my roommates walk in because they say, "Hey, I thought they got off the island?" It's too hard to explain what's happening/happened and I don't think I could.

Jennalee said...

funny :) Rick and I did the exact same thing when either Liv or Meg was a baby with Alias...we are keeping a little more control with our aspirations of catching up w/ 24 from the beginning and put the disks on our Blockbuster queue so we can only watch 4 episodes at a time---and oh yeah, we watch all four mind you!!! :) and I agree, I don't know how people watch these shows and have to wait a whole week to find out what comes next---nuts!

emily said...

dude - i went to school with the bachelor ... i need to call you!

apyknowzitall said...

I love this show, the only one I HAVE to watch every week. It gets so frustrating though because they'll answer one nagging question only to leave a few more. I honestly think I would have stopped watching last season if I knew they weren't going to end the series.

Lefty said...

We're LOST fans. We were there in the beginning, with patience, with anxiety, with Peanut M&Ms (at least five pounds of me is LOST, then I can divide the rest of me into parts of other shows we watch).

There is something good about once a week fix of the show. it's not so intense. it gives your shoulders a chance to relax.

At the beginning of the show, when Madeline was just born and my mom came to help us out, we had her watch it with us. We watched it up on our bed (yes, my husband, my mom and i watching tv on our bed) and my mom got so nervous she left the room and went out in the hall. ...but then she started peeking through the door, like she could know what was happening, but only a little bit. and maybe the monster wouldn't get her if she was in the hallway... one of my favorite memories of my mom.

(by the way, you said, "boob". heh-heh-heh.)

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Bobby and I totally LOVE Lost. Such an awesome show. It's great because they actually had a beginning and end in mind when they began the show...so the storyline doesn't sputter out and just die and become horrible like some of the other shows I love watching...*cough*HEROES*cough*